ACPI Flash BIOS version 8.00 for Satellite 2590/2595. This is the initial Windows 2000 BIOS release for these models.
Version 8.00 ?02-08-2000
- A change was made to support Windows 2000.
- Corrected a problem when running Windows 2000. If VGA segment address was set to E4000h, a blue screen error would occur.
- Corrected a problem while running the HCT test. In the ACPI test, the CPU Throttle subtest would result in a false error.
- When copying a file from a 120MB FDD, using a Super Disk (LS-120), while running Windows 95/98, and then attempting to open that file under DOS mode, caused files, in excess of 50MB, to be corrupted.
- Corrected a problem where having the "USB Legecy=Enabled" set in the BIOS, and entering the "Pause" key several times caused the key to repeat on it's own.
- Corrected a problem when the Power ON/OFF was set to Enable, and system goes into Hibernation with the LCD panel closed. If an AC Adaptor was connected after opening the display panel, the computer would "wake up" on it's own.
- Corrected a problem of installing a driver from the FDD. Installing a driver was impossible when a new device was detected during Windows 98 installation.
- Corrected a problem of the computer hanging at the Toshiba Logo during boot up.
- Corrected a problem using the Chicony USB keyboard. When attempting to close Windows 98, and choosing DOS Mode reboot, typing on the keyboard was impossible.